Sunday 6 November 2011

Papercraft Workshop

I signed up for a Samuel Tayor workshop at the Papercraft Show in Harrogate in September. The workshop was using stamps to make an icon holder.

The wooden icon holder was dry brushed with white acrylic paint and then I used blue and purple paint to stamp the images. Finally the large design was printed with glue and flakes of glitter were added.


This was how the inside was decorated. I was not sure when I made it what I was going to use it for, but I used blue and purple as I liked those colours best. The workshop included stamping a saying in the centre of the middle panel, but I was not keen on that idea, so did not do it. I hate making things and then not using them, but could not think how I was going to use this project, but thought I might put a photo in it at some time.


Then a couple of weeks later my 3 year old grand-daughter took this photo of me with my grandson. Its fair to say I hate having my photo taken, but I really like this photo and the colour I was wearing just went perfectly with the icon holder.

It now has pride of place on my mantlepiece where I can see it every day.


Not only does Emily take a really good photo, she even manages to make me look thinner. Thanks Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment