Sunday 20 November 2011

Its never too early to start your Xmas Journal, or finish it!

Last Christmas was unusual as my daughter and her family moved in with us at the beginning of December, so I thought I would get my Christmas Journal and the date labels made well in advance so I could just write the journalling and stick the photos in.

I even made my own Journal with a patchwork cover and tie fastener.

I stuck Shimelle's Manifesto in the front cover, and was ready to go.


Unfortunately a lot of the photos I had taken were inaccessible, as the memory card in my camera would not allow me to download the photos, and as the house was totally disorganised due to the family moving in, I could not find the lead from the camera to the computer, so could not download them. When the family moved out at the end of April, not only was the lead missing, but also the camera!


Last month they both turned up and my son-in-law downloaded the photos for me, so, one year later, I am ready to do my 2010 Xmas Journal. I have temporarilly added the date labels, journalling and photos to check I have all the photos I need and that the journalling is the right size - which I have, so am now leaving it until a quieter time in the year to add all the embellishments etc.


After all, I have got to make my journal and date labels for 2011 in the next few days.


Anyway, it gives you some idea of what it will look like when it is finished.

1 comment: